BISHOP CARTER IN WORSHIP
Sunday, Feb. 5
9:30am – contemporary service, 11:00am – traditional service
Kenneth H. Carter, Jr. is resident bishop of the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church. Along with the 15 members of his Cabinet, he gives pastoral and administrative leadership to almost 700 congregations and ministries that stretch from Tallahassee and Jacksonville to Miami and the Keys. He came to the Florida Conference in 2012, following a ministry of almost thirty years in Western North Carolina, twenty-nine of those as a local church pastor.
Michael LeBlanc, director of Student Ministry and certified candidate for ordination, will preach at the 8:00am traditional service.
BROADWAY BOUND – YOUTH CHOIR FUNDRAISER
Feb. 10 and 11, 6:30pm, Matthias Family Life Center Gym
Support the Impact Singers’ Summer 2017 mission trip. Enjoy a cabaret-style performance of Broadway’s finest, featuring the music of Mame, Wicked, and theme songs from movies. Silent auction will take place both nights. Tickets avialable in the front office and online.
Dinner and a show – Feb. 10, Adults: $30, Children (9-under) $15
Desserts, coffee and a show – Feb. 11, all tickets $20
Seven Experiment Schedule of Sermons and Fasting
- Feb. 26 – a sermon introduction to the series.
- Ask congregation to read introduction and chapter one.
- Small groups start meeting the week of March 5.
- March 5 – food
- The fast on food runs March 6-12
- March 12 – clothing
- The fast on clothing runs March 13-19
- March 19 – possessions
- The fast on possessions runs March 20-26
- March 26 – media
- The fast on media runs March 27-April 2
- April 2 – waste
- The fast of waste runs April 3-9
- April 9 – spending
- The fast on spending runs April 10-16
- April 16 (Easter) – stress
- The fast on stress runs April 17-23
– Books will be available online and in the courtyard on Sundays in February.
The Wednesday morning Women’s Book Club recently met to discuss our January book, the novel “Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand.” It was an enjoyable time with a group of women who love to read and talk about what they have read. If this describes you, we hope you will join us for our February meeting on Wednesday, February 8th. The book we will be discussing then is “A Walk Across the Sun” by Corban Addison. It is a novel that tells the story of two sisters from India caught up in human trafficking and the people dedicated to helping them. It should be the kind of inspiring story that provokes good discussion. We meet in the church library at 10AM on the second Wednesday of every month.
Arts Administrator, Arts non-profit
First United Methodist Church Winter Park – Winter Park, FL
Part-Time (15-20 hours/week)
About the Organization –
Studio 150 is a dance studio operating as a ministry of First United Methodist Church Winter Park. We emphasize fun, creativity, and imagination in dance, while using our God-given talents. Students will not only learn proper technique, but also the love of expressing themselves through dance and how to use dance to serve others.
The Arts Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day studio operations and will support the Artistic Director by maintaining Board Relations, basic bookkeeping, communication with students & parents, and coordination of community performances (recitals, parades, company performances, liturgical offerings).
- Daily weekday presence at studio during class time
- Bookkeeping & account reconciliation for tuition payments, etc.
- Parent Liaison
- Board Relations – attend & lead monthly board meetings during the school year
- Maintain communications –
- Weekly email updates (Constant Contact)
- Church Communications – bulletin listings & church newsletter submissions
- Publish flyers, posters mass communications as needed
- Maintain social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram)
Preferred Qualifications –
- Appreciation of Dance
- Ideally, member or attender of First United Methodist Church Winter Park
- Weekday Afternoon Availability (between 2:00pm-8:00pm, flexible hours, 15-20 hours/week)
- Basic understanding and use of the following:
- Microsoft Office Package (Word, Publisher, Excel)
- Basic understanding of Bookkeeping & Budgeting practices
- Social Media Platforms – Facebook, Instagram
- Mass Email system – Constant Contact or Mail Chimp
Questions, additional information or resume submission, contact Jenny Logus, [email protected].
Submit all resumes electronically by January 29, 2017.