Family Serve Night was so much fun! We had a blast packing meals for Rise Against Hunger, assembling hygiene kits, organizing canned food, and working on VBS projects! It was a great opportunity for inter-generational service and fellowship.
Month: June 2019
Family Serve Night Success!
Bishop Carter’s Annual Conference Overview
- The election of our 2020 General and Jurisdictional Conference Delegations – led by Alex Shanks and Molly McEntire.
- The Ordination, Commissioning and Licensing of 52 persons.
- Over $37,000 given to the Bishop’s Offering in order to start a new church within the Lowell Correctional Institute and the revitalization of FAMU Wesley.
- We now have 301 Fresh Expressions in Florida and we chartered a new church (Good Samaritan UMC in Tallahassee).
- Apportionment giving increased last year and we reduced our 2020 Budget to return more resources to the local church.
- We enthusiastically approved a new ministry plan for Latino/Latina ministries.
- We engaged in dialogue about our church’s social teaching and public witness and approved funding for seminary scholarships for the next five years.
Impact Singers Choir Tour 2019 – June 2-6
- Landscaped the Blessing Box at Trinity UMC
- Cleaned the trail and beach at St. Christopher’s Conference Center
- Gardened at Mepkin Abbey and sang for the monks
- Sang for the Water Mission
- Ministered to Alzheimer patients in Respite Care at Martin Luther Lutheran Church and All Saints Lutheran Church
- Packed 470 boxes of food for senior citizens at Lowcountry Food Bank