There are 2.5 million orphans in Kenya and over 25,000 of those are in Naivasha, estimates UNICEF. Children continue to suffer the loss of one or both of their parents as a result of the HIV/AIDS pandemic. When this happens, the burden of care falls to elderly family members and the oldest sibling left behind—all of them trapped in poverty.
Recommended by our partners in Kenya, the Swahili word “inua” reflects the team effort and communal transformation seen throughout the ministry. Inua is a verb meaning to lift up together, raise up or elevate. This concept of building strength as a community depicts the process by which Inua Partners in Hope helps its at-risk youth restore hope and achieve economic independence. Inua operates in Naivasha, Kenya, located in the Rift Valley Province, northwest of Nairobi. Inua’s work builds relationships with Naivasha’s most vulnerable orphans and youth to help expand their opportunities for a future full of self-sustainability and hope.
Inua Partners in Hope is a comprehensive ministry embracing the well-being of the whole child. Inua transforms lives by empowering youth-led families to reach self sustainability through:
- food and housing security
- emotional and spiritual well-being
- health and hygiene
- legal support
- education and vocational training
Since 2009, Inua Partners in Hope has continued to move these vulnerable, broken children and youth from desperation and grief to a productive life of hope.
Inua Partners in Hope empowers vulnerable youth living in Naivasha, Kenya to thrive in total wellness and self-sufficiency through community-led mentoring, learning and God’s love.
How to get involved
- Connect: Visit our website, follow us on social media, sign up to receive email updates, or email email@example.com for more information. We often have areas needing volunteers and would love to find a way for you to use your gifts and talents to support the Inua youth.
- Pray: Join our team by praying for the 200 youth joining our ministry for the next two years, praying for our mentors and staff in Kenya, praying for our missioners, and praying for our US board and team.
- Give: Go online to donate today.
- Go: Reach out to Elizabeth Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about upcoming mission trips to Naivasha, Kenya.