The Marcy Trust continues to believe in the mission and vision of our church; and, for that we are grateful. The contributions from the Marcy Trust allow our church to run special projects and initiatives that are outside the scope of the operations budget. The Marcy Trust just closed their fiscal year 2019/2020 and we are grateful for the $560,691 contribution they gifted our church during that time.
Our church family received gifting for the following 2019 initiatives:
- Matching Grant for the 2020 Stewardship Campaign
- New Stage for the Family Ministry
- Festival Gloria 2019
- Marcy Music Scholarships for UCF & Rollins Students
Our church family received gifting for these upcoming 2020 initiatives:
- Clergy to attend the Preaching Training: For Such a Time as This
- Wall’s Display Coming this Fall
- Stephen Ministry Training
- Landscaping at the Reeves Center
- Matching Grant for the Counseling Ministry
- Exploration of Live Streaming Services
- Festival Gloria 2020
- Leadership Council Project Fund
While the Marcy Trust’s primary beneficiary is FUMCWP, the trust has recently provided funds for projects at Duke University, the Candler School at Emory and the local district. Going forward, requests such as these are going to be submitted directly to the conference so they can help to prioritize them according to the goals and objectives of the conference.