In accordance with direction from our local officials, we are suspending all in-person Sunday activities. Visit fumcwp.org/live for more information on live streaming.
Suspended Ministry Initiatives
We recognize the importance of caring for our vulnerable populations. FUMCWP leadership is suspending the following ministries effective Monday March 16, 2020 through May 31, 2020:
- Super Seniors Thursday
- Brain Fitness Academy
- Act II Events
- Refuel Wednesdays
- Volunteer Safety Training Event
All summer trips have been suspended. For refunds of paid trip fees, including deposits, email Elizabeth Mathis at [email protected].
Orange County Public Schools
Many of our ministries cater specifically to families with school-aged children. The FUMCWP policy is to act in accordance with decisions made by Orange County Public Schools (OCPS). Until further notice, the following ministries are currently suspended:
- Methodist School for Early Education (MSEE)
- Trinity Christian Academy (TCA)
- Studio 150
- Family Ministry (including Nursery, Children, and Student Ministries)
- Children’s Choirs, Handbells, etc.
Vacation Bible School
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Rocky Railway Vacation Bible School scheduled for July 20-24, 2020 at First United Methodist Church Winter Park is canceled. Thank you to all the families who have already offered their time to volunteer and lead this event. The team is exploring other possible avenues of connecting our families in a unique way this summer! Look for more details in the future. Our goal is to offer our traditional in-person VBS next summer (July 19-23, 2021). If you have any questions or concerns, please send contact Susan Woodburn our VBS Director at [email protected]
Meetings & Gathering
We encourage ministries to consider ways to move toward online meetings, conference calls, or video conference calls. All group activities are suspended until further notice. Ministry leaders may email [email protected] for more information on GoTo Meeting and Zoom access.
Like others in our community, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation. As a church community, we offer a variety of ministries across all age groups and life stages. We continue to follow briefings provided by local, state, and national officials including Orange County, the City of Winter Park, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Public Health Departments.
We want to share with you some of the proactive measures we are taking at our Winter Park Campus (125 N Interlachen Ave Winter Park, FL 32789) and Reeves Center (110 N Fern Creek Ave, Orlando, FL 32803).
- Providing disinfectant wipes in all the meeting rooms.
- Providing additional trashcans around campus.
- Distributing hand sanitizer across the campus.
- Upgrading our sanitization program with the custodial crew.
- Sharing educational resources through our communication channels.
We encourage everyone to follow advice from the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Be sure to check our website (fumcwp.org/covid19).
- Follow our Facebook page for up to date information and announcements as well.
- For ministry specific questions, please reach out to the staff contact as appropriate.
- For staffing questions, please email [email protected]
- For operations questions, please email Matt Kuzma, COO at [email protected]
- For marketing questions, please email [email protected]