Last Sunday in worship Fred Winterkamp, a lay member on our stewardship committee, spoke to us about our 2020 Stewardship Initiative. Below is his speech.
1 Peter 4:10 – Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
- Locally: Our many youth programs including Studio 150 Dance Ministry, and Trinity Christian Academy taking residence at the Reeves Center.
- In Service: Supporting folks who need a helping hand, like through Family Promise, and the Foundry mentoring ministry serving those who age out of foster care.
- In the World: Serving and providing relief aid, mission trips both domestic and abroad, and our partner in hope ministry, Inua, supporting youth in Naivasha, Kenya.
Recently you have seen testimonials during services, so please consider the following:
- Serving to share in the joy
- Pledging to help grow and support the budget
- Increasing sharing to expand our Christian service
You can learn more about our 2020 Stewardship Initiative on our website. See the ways to give and learn about our modest 5% funding increase goal.
Matthew 6:21 – Where you treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Help FUMCWP become greater Christ-like servants in the lives of those around us – near and fear – in ways that are “Greater Than Me.”
Lay Member, Stewardship Committee