The ministries of FUMCWP are made possible by the grace of God and the generous support of our church family. We are grateful for those who practice stewardship through pledging and giving. For more information, email [email protected]
2021 Generosity Goals
We encourage you to prayerfully consider your annual Stewardship gift. This year we witnessed much positive change and are excited about what 2020 has in store.
Here are our goals:
- Grow the net number of pledging units by 10%
- Increase trust in the church’s ability to manage gifts well
- Grow understanding and practice of stewardship in the congregation
Qualified Charitable Distributions
Some of our members have taken advantage of making a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) to the Church. A QCD is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA custodian, to a qualified charity. QCDs can count toward satisfying your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year, as long as certain rules are followed. Be aware, however, that the CARES act temporarily waives required minimum distributions for all types of retirement plans for calendar year 2020. In addition to the benefits of giving to a charity like our Church, a QCD excludes the amount donated from taxable income, unlike regular IRA withdrawals. There are a number of rules, so you must talk to your tax advisor to see if you can take advantage of this.
Stewardship Videos from our Leadership
Instructions to Donate Stock
Please contact the Church Staff Accountant or COO prior to initiating any securities transactions.
Following are instructions for donating stock to the Winter Park Methodist Church SunTrust Investment Services Inc. account:
For stock gifts made via DTC:
- Custodian: NFS LLC
- DTC #: 0226
- Account Number: F1F-233807
- For Further Credit: Winter Park Methodist Church
For stock gifts made via a physical certificate:
- Mail physical certificate and LOA via a secure delivery method to SunTrust Investment Services Inc., 11011 West Broad St. SBCI, 2nd Floor Glen Allen, VA 23060 ATTN: Mail Code VA-CSC-1001
- If the registered owner(s) on the certificate does not match the registration on the brokerage account, a letter of authorization must be included from the owners of the security authorizing the shares to be deposited into Account Number: F1F-233807 For Further Credit: Winter Park Methodist Church. This is a change of ownership and must be authorized in writing.
There is no designated contact person since the account is self-directed and does not have an assigned Financial Advisor. Inquiries may be directed to our Investment Client Center or Trading Desk at 800- 874-4770.