As we seek to celebrate Christmas Eve with our community in new ways, one way that you can participate is by hosting a Driveway Candlelight service on December 23rd or 24th. Learn more about this opportunity below!
If you are called to serve, email Michael LeBlanc at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 18th.
- Have a hospitality mindset– a desire to have folks come to your front yard and celebrate the birth of Jesus. Also, be willing to have your address advertised through church communication. It would probably help if your neighbors are alright with folks singing in your front yard.
- Be safety-minded– these gatherings are happening because we love Jesus and we want to help keep people safe. The right person would be willing to enforce safety protocols given by church leadership, which will include everyone wearing masks over the nose and mouth, not entering the host home, and remaining 12 feet apart.
- Having a faith worth sharing– these gatherings could be a gathering of just your closest friends, but Christmas is worth sharing! The right person would be excited about sharing this event with people outside of their inner circle of friends and neighbors. They would also be willing to utilize registration forms/sites in order to ensure the church knows who decided to come.
- Be easy to reach– the right person will be able to coordinate with one of the pastors. The goal is for all of our pastors to be going all over town at different services and more than likely they will need some guidance with finding the best place to park, etc.
- Be willing to get an answer– church staff will be providing support, but if you don’t know something, it might be because church staff doesn’t know that you don’t know. Help us help you by emailing questions to Michael LeBlanc.
Things you will not have to do:
- Preach – We will work with you to recruit lay leaders for preaching.
- Provide candles – We’ve got you covered!
- Provide snacks & hot cocoa – For the safety of all guests, gatherings will not include food or drinks.
- Be a hymn leader – Again, we have got you covered, or we will work with you to recruit lay leaders.