- “Concerning the perfection of the virtuous life … [I have outlined the] pattern of beauty the life of the great Moses, so that each of us might copy the image of the beauty which has been shown to us by imitating his way of life.” – Gregory of Nyssa. That we might also live to be a “friend of God” (Ex 33:11)
- I highly recommend that you read “How I Rediscovered Faith” by Malcom Gladwell on his own faith journey. If you are not already a listener of his podcast Revisionist History and looking for something new, it is one of my absolute favorites.
- Not to overwhelm your ears, but another episode recommendation from the Holy Post podcast (episode 415) a helpful interview with Jon Tyson a pastor in New York City on his new book Beautiful Resistance: The Joy of Conviction in a Culture of Compromise, that helps give a framework for how the church can be faithful in the changing cultural moment we find ourselves in. The interview starts at 48:26 if you want to skip the opening banter.
- A classic Henri Nouwen quote just because we all need a positive call to action in this season:
- “Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions.”