Contemporary Music Ministries
The Worship Band welcomes all musicians who can play the electric and acoustic guitar, bass, keyboard or drums, as well as vocalists. The Band plays a variety of contemporary music styles at the 9:30am worship service. For more information or to join, please contact Gabe Glass.
Student Praise Band
The ELEVATE Praise Band leads the Student Ministry Sunday nights from 6-8:15pm in the Matthias Family Life Center-Room 313. Students play electric and acoustic guitar, bass, keyboard and drums, as well as vocals. Student musicians are mentored by talented adults.
Traditional Music Ministries
Do you love music?
The gift of music is a ministry that touches so many and celebrates the Lord. Everyone is welcome — from the trained vocalist to the occasional singer. The choirs and orchestras perform at the 8:00 and 11:00am traditional Sunday services, as well as occasional special services at church and out in the community. For more information on traditional music ministries or to join, contact Michael Roberts, 407.644.2906.
- 5:00pm – Impact Singers – Choir Room
- 6:00pm – Celebration Ringers – Balcony
- 4:30pm – Joyful Bells – Room 206
- 4:30 pm – Music and Praise for Kids (Children’s Choir) – Choir Room
- 6:15pm – Jubilation Singers – Choir Room
- 7:00pm – Chancel Choir – Choir Room
- 7:00pm – Women’s Chamber Choir (all Ladies)
- 11:00am – Grace Ensemble – Choir Room
Make a Joyful Noise!
Come Sing, Ring, or Play in the Music Ministry
- Jubilation Singers: Wednesdays, 6:15-7:00 pm, starting Sept. 6
- Chancel Choir: Wednesdays, 7:00-8:30pm, starting Sept. 6
- Grace Ensemble (Women ensemble): Thursday – 11:00am-12:00pm, starting Sept. 7
- Women’s Chamber Choir (all Women): Wednesdays, 7:00-7:30pm (Quarterly)
Christmas Festival Choir Retreat
- Wednesday, 6:15-8:15pm, Sept. 20
- Wednesday,6:15-8:15pm, Sept. 27
Christmas Festival Choir Rehearsals
- Wednesdays, 7:00-8:00pm, Oct. 4-Nov. 15
- No Rehearsal Nov. 22
- 1st Dress Rehearsal: Nov. 29
- Dress Rehearsal with Orchestra: Dec. 2
- Performances: 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00am, Dec. 3
Youth Music Ministry
- Impact Singers – Sundays, 5:00-6:00pm, starting Sept. 10
Children’s Music Ministry
- Music and Praise for Kids (PreK-5): Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30pm, Starting Aug. 23
Instrumental Music Ministry
- Handbell Ministry
- Celebration Handbells: Sundays, 6:00-7:00pm, starting Sept. 10
- Joyful Bells: Sundays, 4:30-5:30pm, starting Sept. 10
- Church Orchestra
- Sr. High-Adult, Email Michaelr@fumcwp.org for details (Monthly)
Director of Music Ministries
Children’s K-1 & Music (part-time)
407.644.2906 ×252 or x260
Music Time for Pre-K & Kindergarten
Age-appropriate music activities to nurture a love of music. This is not a performance-based choir, but a music learning time which includes singing, playing instruments, movement and worship skills.
Primary Choir, Grades 1-2. Singing and Small Group music activities.
Elementary Choir, Grades 3-5. Singing and Small Group music activities.
Children’s Handchimes (Handbell choir), Grades 3-5.
IMPACT Singers (6th-12th grades)
Students find a place to express their love of music and faith, combined with an emphasis on serving others. Rehearse weekly and sing regularly in worship as well as special events.
The Chancel Choir welcomes adults, from those who are still mastering the skills of singing to accomplished soloists, to lead music in traditional worship services. In addition to worship services, the choir sings at several liturgical services and performs a major work each year. This community of musicians rehearses and sings weekly.The Chancel Choir is accompanied by George Atwell, on organ and piano.
This is an adult ensemble that rehearses weekly and sings regularly in worship. Music reading and advanced vocal skills strongly encouraged. Email Michael Roberts for details. Nursery care is provided by reservation only.
This ensemble is composed of adult ladies who rehearse weekly and sing regularly in worship. The ensemble performs traditional, contemporary, secular and sacred music with worship responsibilities, as well as community outreach and service.
An advanced adult bell choir for experienced players which rings six octaves and rehearses weekly and plays regularly in worship as well as for special events. Music reading skills required.
An open adult bell choir which rings three octaves and rehearses weekly and plays in worship and special events. Music reading skills strongly encouraged.
Orchestra (senior high through adult)
Youth through adult instrumentalists will rehearse monthly and perform special music and accompaniment for various worship services and seasonal presentations. Players should be at a moderately advanced level. Rehearsal time will be determined by leadership and ensemble membership.