STUDENTS: Summer 2017 Mission Trips
Join Student Ministry for our 2017 Summer Mission Trips!
Mission to South Street– June 18-23
Students help organize and run a camp for the children of the South Street community every day, and participate in various learning/service activities in the afternoons. We will sleep at South Street but serve all throughout Orlando. Students will also travel throughout the greater Orlando area serving at various minsitries. The trip takes place in Downtown Orlando at South Street Ministry and is open to rising 7-12 graders. This trip will also be slam-pack full of spiritual reflection and retreat as we learn to follow Christ through our hearts and our actions.
Cost: $200 (Absolutely non-refundable deposit of $50 due at registration); $50 for adults
Stay at Home Work Camp at HEART – July 24-29
HEART (Hunger Education and Resource Training Institute) is an immersive third world country simulation in Lake Wales, Florida. Stay at Home Work Camp is a program that gives students a chance to make a tangible difference in the lives of needy families in Central Florida while having a ton of fun. When you put those two things together, you get an exciting new adventure for Elevate. We will be sleeping like most of the world does, working really hard, and having a blast! Open to students rising 8-12th grade. Learn more here: http://lakewalescarecenter.com/2017-stay-at-home-workcamp/
Cost: $175 for students, $50 for adults
– All deposits are non-refundable and must be paid upon registration. The rest of the money for the trip must be paid by May 1st.
– In the event a mission trip is filled, students may sign up for the waitlist. Waitlisted students will be added to the trip in the order they registered if spots become available.
– Rising seniors may register for trips beginning March 13th at 6:00am. ONLY RISING SENIORS MAY SIGN UP EARLY. Registration opens to all other students and adults beginning March 20th at 6:00am
– Scholarships are available and are given based on need as assessed via a schoalrship application.
– Adult chaperones must complete a background check and must have completed one year outside of high school.