How to Join
For those ready to make an initial commitment or an ongoing commitment to follow Jesus Christ, membership is an excellent way to live out that promise. We are excited to welcome all people who would like to become a member of this church.
Step 1. Participate in the New Member Discipleship Workshop
To assist you in this commitment, we ask for you to participate in 3 new member classes. (Please note: there is usually one opportunity each year to complete all 3 phases in one longer workshop.) These classes focus on the spiritual practices that will help you grow in your faith and prepare you to find your place in ministry at First United Methodist Church Winter Park. To inquire about the next New Member Class, please contact Denise Meyer
Step 2. Recite the vows that you will make to Christ, the United Methodist Church and First United Methodist Church Winter Park during worship. After the series, the class participates in the joining vows in worship at the worship service they regularly attend. Class Dates:
- Thursdays, Feb. 13, 20 & 27, Matthias Family Life Center 313 | Join Sunday, March 8 – Register Here
- Thursdays, May 7-21, 6:00-8:00pm, Matthias Family Life Center 313 | Join Sunday, May 31 – Register Here
- Sundays, July 12-26, 12:15-3:00pm, Matthias Family Life Center 313 | Join Sunday, Aug. 9 – Register Here
- Thursdays, Oct. 1-15, 6:00-8:00pm, Matthias Family Life Center 313 |Join Sunday, Oct 18 – Register Here
Ways To Join
- Profession of faith is a first time commitment to Christ through the sacrament of Baptism
- Reaffirmation of faith is a reaffirmation of your commitment to Christ
- Transfer of membership from another Methodist church or another denomination
The Sacrament of Baptism is required to join the United Methodist Church. If you have been baptized before, even in another denomination, that baptism is accepted.
What if I want to attend First UMC Winter Park but not become a member? This is absolutely okay! You can attend and participate in the ministries of our church without being a member. We want to support you where you are and help you grow in your faith.