The Methodist School for Early Education
- We believe that every child should experience the unconditional love of Jesus through our actions and words.
- We believe that every child should be provided with age-appropriate learning experiences so that they may develop to their fullest potential physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
- We believe that our church, our Weekday program, and our parents should work as a team to enable each child to develop his/her fullest potential.
We have a dedicated and well-trained staff who truly feel called to serve God through his children. We offer classes for children who are 20 months on or before September 1 of the current school year through kindergarten. Our curriculum provides each child opportunities to learn about God and the love of Jesus, to love learning, to celebrate successes and to be prepared with the basic skills needed for elementary school.
Our goal is for each child to truly enjoy the learning process. Our curriculum is teacher generated with age-appropriate activities and learning experiences that foster growth and development of the whole child so they will be equipped with the necessary skills, confidence, and independence to succeed in elementary school and beyond. You are welcome to come for a visit to see our ministry in action.
For more information, please contact Rosemary Ubinger, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Facebook!
Our curriculum provides each child opportunities to learn about God and the love of Jesus, to love learning, and to be prepared with the basic skills needed for elementary school. Our goal is for each child to truly enjoy the learning process. Our curriculum is teacher generated with age appropriate activities and learning experiences that foster the growth and development of the whole child. We teach academic, social, physical motor, communication, and self-help skill that will lead each child to independence and confidence in a school setting.
- 9:00 AM until 12:00 Noon
- Child’s class based on their age as of September 1.
- Our Young Twos (turning 2 by December 31st) learn that someone besides mommy loves them very much.
- Ratio: 12 – 2
- Our Two Year Olds learn the importance of sharing and caring for friends through seasonal units and activities. Older two year olds have music/movement once a week beginning late September.
- Choose from 2, 3 or 5 days a week Ratio: 14 – 2
- Our Three Year Olds work individually, in small groups, and in large groups as they learn communication skills and basic readiness skills. The three year olds have music, Chapel, and movement once a week.
- Choose from 2, 3, or 5 days a week
- Ratio: 14 -2
- The Four Year Olds participate in school readiness activities such as pre-reading, letter names and sounds, introductory math concepts, science and nature as part of God’s creation, and learning about the community and world in which they live. The four year olds participate in music, movement, Chapel and science.
- Choose from 4 or 5 days a week
- Ratio: 16 – 2
- Monday- Friday
- The Kindergarten class participates in the Common Core standards of the State of Florida. We use the Lippincott Reading Program for Phonics, Handwriting Without Tears and Saxon Math. Students also participate in music, movement, Chapel, and Spanish once a week.
- Monday through Friday from 9:00am -2:00pm with early dismissal at noon on Wednesdays.
Director of Methodist School for Early Education
We are located in the Asbury Building, of First United Methodist Church Winter Park, on the corner of Interlachen Avenue and Morse Boulevard. We encourage visits during school hours. Just stop by the office to sign in and one of our staff members will be happy to show you around the school.
Office: (407) 644-4313
FAX: (407) 644-9053
Connect with us on Facebook!
**MSEE admits children of any race, religion, color, national, or ethnic origin. We are accredited by the United Methodist Association of Preschools.
DCF License # C09OR0155